Sunday, January 2, 2011

Inception, Who?

BLACK SWAN=HUBBA HUBBA

I haven't been this captivated by a film in a long time. Black Swan, starring Natalie Portman, Mila Kunis,   and Vincent Cassel, left me mind-fucked, amazed, disgusted, confused, and entranced at the same time. I finally felt that paying for a movie ticket which rapes my bank account in the teeth everytime, and I'm going have to put a loan out to see a movie soon, was justified. My jaw dropped all the way to Brazil after I saw this film directed by Darren Aronofsky (Requiem For A Dream). 









Watch the trailer above!

I could honestly say I could not find a film in a while that has left me stupefied like Black Swan. Yeah, yeah, yeah Inception bippity boppity boo. I'm not saying it was a bad film, I'm just not adhering to the whole hype about it. AND there were no nude shots of Joseph Gordon-Levitt. Disappointed. But that's beside the point. I guess you can say I was looking for a psychological thriller that made my pants hurt (Natalie+Mila sex scene HAY) and could stir up a variety of emotions upon leaving the theater. I'm also a tad bias because I could not control myself during the final sequences where Natalie's character is finally able to harness her "darker side" and exhibits a fierce array of make-up.

Yours truly sporting the look above. Make-up by my biffle Talia Tucker

Now I'm a sucker for glamour, and I love the dramatic look Natalie sports. Anytime someone looks like Edward Scissorhands did their make-up (in a good way, not the traditional native of Long Island shopping at Too Cute way), I will probably love it. Props to Natalie, shit girl, your foutette's, porta bras, and jetes were none other than remarkable for someone who has only done a year of classical ballet training! If Natalie doesn't win some sort of award for her stupendous/flawless performance, I will slap a priest.

My favorite element of this film was the cinematography, especially in the last scene. Go figure. The rapid shots coordinated with the score , powerful lighting, theatrical components, and a plethora of anxiety oozing from each shot made was enough to make my cinematic heart go into cardiac arrest. I just love a good tragedy and if its shot right, amen. #Masochist

So I highly recommend you get your badonkadonk to a theater near you or head to Limewire  and see Black Swan and let me know how you like it. I promise if anything, you will be entertained.

No comments:

Post a Comment