Thursday, June 16, 2011

202.684.2471

That number in the title is the one to call to ask to vote yes for the Marriage Equality Act. Gay marriage is a breath away from becoming legal in New York and your voice can help tremendously by picking up the phone and asking your senator to vote YES. Even if you DO NOT live in New York, you can still call. Legalizing gay marriage in New York is a step closer to NATIONAL EQUALITY.

The impetus for equality is one our generation needs to strive for. It's the future we are growing into, the future we are responsible for, and the future we contrive for the next generation. If you have a voice, use it. Even if it's one in a million, it aids in harmonizing a chorus preaching for equality.

New York is gay. New York is proud. And I'm honored I get to call it home. The streets of New York City re-birthed me, and I'm happy to be who I am today. They gave me a voice. A voice I will use to insure equality, encourage liberation, and foster the bravery of those who want to be heard.

So please, do what you can. Be heard. Be brave. Let "gay marriage" be just known as "marriage" one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment