Wednesday, June 1, 2011

SUMMER TUNZ

Summer is a felicitous time to roll your windows down, blare your beloved tunes, and drive around with your friends leaving a trail of ruckus wherever you go. I've consolidated with my iTunes and collated a season appropriate music binge to listen to while driving, partying, and/or to pussy pop around the house in the nude while your neighbor watches. Remember: don't dance like no one is watching, dance like you're getting tipped.

Anyway, here's an array of songs that find themselves accompanying me on my string of summer debauchery:

Always match your melodies. 

11. Born This Way (The whole album, duh) -Lady GaGa
Considering this album was released just in time for summer, I'm going to be making violent love to it all season long. Straight up pillow talk, tossing it around the sheets, cuddling, having a cigarette, then doing it all over again. 


Jams like these highlight the motifs of my summer activities. Past songs like "Alejandro" and "Summerboy" suffice as well and never fail to get old. 

10. "Saturday Night"-Bay City Rollers
Good times:


9. "Pour Some Sugar On Me"-Def Leppard
Every time I rock out to Def Leppard I'm pretty sure I feel my jeans acid wash and tight roll themselves. But still, this is one of my all time favorites. 


8. "Get Me Bodied"-Beyonce 
Girl, please.


7. "Rebel Rebel"- David Bowie
One of my favorite drinking songs:


6. "I Wanna Dance With Somebody"-Whitney Houston
This is indicative of my emotional status as a middle school girl. 


5. "Pussy Control"-Prince
This speaks for itself. 


4. "I Hate Myself For Loving You"-Joan Jett
Because for some reason, summer entails listening to your heart and ignoring your brain completely: 


Thank God for Joan Jett.

3. "Price Tag"-Jessie J
Just an all around feel good jam.


2. "Dead End Justice"- The Runaways
The Runaways always top my summer playlist. Nothing makes me feel more like a badass than these bitches. 


(This photoshoot from last summer was actually inspired by The Runaways, Studio 54, and James Dean)


1. "Bennie and the Jets"- Elton John
This is song means so much to me just because it reminds me of being young and running around carelessly while my dad blasted this. And it's still one of my favorite songs.


So make yourself a playlist. Make some mistakes and have fun.

UNRELATED: I just saw my neighbor naked. I'm putting up a "for sale" sign on my lawn as I edit this post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment