Friday, July 8, 2011

Google+ : Social Media Coup D'état?

Myspace sent me a message a couple months ago asking: where have you been? Well Myspace, the answer is 2011. We all know things come and go. The only activity on Myspace is probably tumbleweed and that one person posting bulletins about how they just went to Taco Bell and now they're going to play copious amounts of Call of Duty while fondling their dog. I can safely assume 5 years ago I was probably editing HTML codes for my teen angst enshrouded page but today I'm tweeting and notoriously terrorizing other social media vistas besides Douchespace.

But here we are, in a phalanx of social media conglomerates such as Twitter and Facebook, comes a faint ripple of a new force called Google+.


Apparently, it's a trinal of Twitter/Facebook/Skype and an invitation is required to participate. What is this, the Royal Wedding? I'm perfectly okay with Twitter and Facebook. They're good for sharing info, events, and networking. Also, from what I've seen, solving the Da Vinchi Code is easier to figure out than navigating Google +. Guess I'm just not a fan of change, but I'm interested to see how this will develop and if it will indeed claim the #1 spot on the social media chart like a lot of people are forecasting. 

But anyway, social media is meant for sharing and spreading, so check out my favorite boys' new music video. I went to their show at the Bowery last week (where they killed it, resurrected it, and killed it again) when this video debuted featuring cameos from many people I hold near and dear to my heart:


Get into it.

Related: New weave stories

Boom.

Unrelated PSA: I just made the most bangin' jambalaya and no one was even harmed in the process! Although this is the most hot meat I've had in my mouth without being drunk in the backseat of a car. Bon appetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment