Saturday, July 23, 2011

July 21st-The Birth of Terror&A Pinch of Fabulosity

Words can't even formulate the gratitude I have for everyone that wished me a happy birthday two days ago. This is a genuine thank you for everyone who took the time out of their day to say something to me via social media, phone call, or in person. This was the most special birthday yet. Some of the messages I saw touched me so much I cried more than a prepubescent 12 year old at a Justin Bieber concert.

But in all seriousness, I write this with a hint of tears and reminiscent discern. Over the past few years I feel like I've carved a space for myself, and the only direction I can go in is up. Everyone is looking for validation and I feel like I got some on my birthday. All of you made this boy feel like a queen and a simple thank you doesn't cut it. So you are all cordially invited to my bed. I'll make you cookies accompanied with an erotic massage.

These are some of the things my dear friends sent me that filled my cold studded heart with warmth:

Even though he's off conquering LA, he never fails to make my day. 
HOW CUTE. Hayley motherfucking Heartbreak herself took the time to doodle this. 

Also, my dear friend from San Fran sent me infamous Psycho Donuts with a matching t-shirts and some fabulous pins. Watch out soon for a post solely dedicated to Psycho Donuts. SO GOOD. 

Thanks...mom. 

Also, my appetite for vintage vests has been fed. Look out for a post on these as well, they're too good not to put in the spotlight:
BOOM. 

So once again, I thank you all again for making this birthday very special. If you really want my birthday wishes to come true you'll all go crazy together and act like you've secretly wanted to act (and I know you do harbor an inner crazy diva hooker in there somewhere!) and dance like you're not gonna get tagged on Facebook.

But I'm also writing this post on the heels of a few tragedies that need to be mentioned:

First, I want to acknowledge Amy Winehouse's death. I hope she's in peace and rocking out with the arsenal of talent that have been taken from us at the age of 27 as well: Joplin, Hendrix, Morrison, Cobain, Jones, and now Winehouse. I looked up to Amy Winehouse so much. She was fearless in defining beauty for herself and never conformed to society's definition of it. Her bleeding heart fed her genuine art. I'll miss you bitch. RIP.

And also, the tragedies in Norway. I can't even fathom the inhumanity it takes for someone to go out and kill scores of teenagers. I have the families affected by their deaths in my heart. 

Look, death is death. It's tragic and all we can do is help one another out. So before anyone starts mud slinging for paying more attention to one death or another, remember that someone out there is grieving just the same. So keep that in mind and reject any ignorance that you see. We all have to be there for each other. Life is fragile, be thankful that you get to see tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment