Friday, July 15, 2011

Neville Longbottom: That Is All

Last night I saw the midnight premiere of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2, the last and final installment of the Harry Potter series and OH MY ANDERSON COOPER IT WAS SO SO SO GOOD. As much as it pleased my cinematic g-spot, I was filled with abundant melancholy by virtue of realizing I just watched my childhood disappear along with the end credits.

Watching these kids grow up with me was extraordinary. I mean look at them now:


What an easy-on-the-eye cast.

I'm not going to imbue this post with any spoilers, I'm just going to say that if you haven't seen this movie yet go check it out! Also, can we just go over Neville fucking Longbottom really quickly? What a champ, I'm so proud. I bet he's gonna get a lot of pussy after this movie.

I also want to praise J.K. Rowling's brilliant cerebellum, and the artillery of imagination behind it. Damn! Whoever conjures up such a meticulous yet captivating plot deserves bountiful success and limitless admiration. It's really sad to see it come to an end considering I grew up with these movies. 

As for the whole midnight experience, it wasn't my first one but it was just as fun as the others. Lots of people dressed up with the exception of me who looked like I was one hair extension away from looking like the lead singer of Hanoi Rocks. And of course you have to sell a kidney to buy popcorn and soda. AND a fucking medium soda at the movies was more like UM the size of Cancun. How big is the fucking large then, do they just serve you the Kool Aid man? What a rip off. 

Another thing I want to point out: the previews. All I remember was a plethora of apes, bad make up, and frivolous plot lines. Unless I see Neil Patrick Harris' peen in the Smurf movie (which is doubtful) I won't be going to the movies for a while.

But regardless, please go see the newly released Harry Potter before the Rebecca Black of all movies come out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment