Monday, August 1, 2011

Donut Deities

Caloric and ambrosial ecstasy all the way from San Francisco, I bring you PSYCHO DONUTS. These mini edible performance art pieces have made the pilgrimage coast to coast, right into my belly twice in the past 6 months. Let me just say, if donut making were an art, these would belong in the Lourve. And even though I'm sweating like Casey Anthony at a baby shower, I enjoyed devouring these delectable fuckers as much as I did during the arctic winter.

GET INTO IT!

My friend who is near and dear to my heart, affectionally dubbed by the donut shop as a "Psycho Nurse,"has been kind enough to send them to me, thus sparking my recent donut fetish. Psycho Donuts isn't just your neighborhood Dunkin' Donuts around the block, it's MUCH more. What I love most is that it's fueled by fantasy and makes a production out of donut making. Much like the nurses, these donuts exude their own unique individuality. They are topped with childhood favorites like Captain Crunch, Rice Crispie treats, Oreo crumbs, and my weak spot Nutella. You name it, they probably donutized it. 

Observe (Just a sample of the fabulous inventory that I've received):




Psycho Donuts has earned a reputable status in the Bay Area and even received shout-outs in magazines such as Maxim and USA Today. BOOM.

Check out their website HERE. WARNING: Click at your own risk. The imagery will make you salivate like a pedophile at Chuck E' Cheese.

And while you're at it, check out this commercial for the Psycho Nurses' online radio hour, airing every Monday at 6 pm PST on SaveAlternative.com. They play songs and shoot the shit in between. Fabulous:

No comments:

Post a Comment