Wednesday, September 7, 2011

R.I.P Summer '11/Enter Syllabus

Well, another summer that turns into nothing but a sweet memory. Succulent S'mores around bonfires, long walks at the beach, and driving with the windows down blasting your favorite tunes makes room for comforter choosing, Red Bull-satiated homework nights, and leather weather. Well, for us students anyway. I've already been ambushed by a myriad of syllabi, a precursor to the deluge of coursework and reading that'll sequester my social life and sleep schedule to the corner of the room that is life. I think I'd rather make out with Ke$ha after she bobbed for apples in a tub of bleach than have another sleepless semester.

But, the good news is that I'm back in New York. My lungs have missed the pollution-satured air. I haven't even been back for 24 hours and I've already purchased beer, cigarettes, and a new leather jacket (see below). There are some easy-on-the-eye freshman this year that make me wetter than Hurricane Irene. I hope I don't get arrested for saying that. I've also met a girl on my floor who is from the Lower East Side, so naturally I invited her over for beer so we can swap stories about which bars we threw up by.


The newest addition to the Mania leather jacket family. I'm SO SO SO exxxcited for fall, because JACKETS. My favorite thing to wear. Boom. I buy so many the magnetic strip on my credit card catches on fire.

The only underlining concern is the magnitude of work and high levels of stress I'll encounter during the semester, which might possibly leave this blog in a faint layer of dust. I swear I'll try to update it as much as possible, with posts most likely occuring towards the end of the week, usually spurred by inspiration accumulated from last night's drunken stupor. So I'll try to update it as much as possible, seeing that I have a few drafts ready to go. I just have to write them and fabulosize them before they are published on the Internet.

But I *must* bleach my hair at some point, preferably soon. I miss my uber blonde luscious locks. Priorities people!

ALSO I FORGOT ABOUT THIS: PEOPLE MOVING AT A GLACIAL PACE ON THE WAY TO CLASS: IF YOU DON'T WALK FASTER I'M SELLING YOUR FIRST BORN TO VOLDEMORT.

That is all, see you soon. If not, just know that I would trade you all in for a McFlurry right before my syllabus induced death. Just kidding, you're all beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment