Friday, May 25, 2012

Coup de Mania 2012

Hope you nuggets have been enjoying the recent influx of comedic posts. They were really fun to write and there are more on the way! 



Above: GregMania and his newly acquired goat-friend, Balthazar. 


R.I.P SPRING SEMESTER 2012-2012

Turbulent emotional anxiety, an insatiable appetite for success and change, pushing the envelope of my artistry, rollercoasting stress, and abundant amounts of spandex; I've endured and survived the 2012 spring semester with a few minor cuts and bruises but overall success achieving a 3.8 GPA and Dean's List. Especially when the last couple of months have revealed itself to me as a borderline double life. Student by day, nightlife crusader by night. And not even 21 yet (just a few more weeks---I feel like the poster for my birthday festivities should just be a big mushroom cloud).

Since January, I've been struggling to keep my head up and maintain a stable attitude about everything going on around me. I was quite apprehensive prior to the semester starting, worrying that my grades would cripple as a result of recent cirumstances. However, no matter how many times I've gotten kicked in the teeth, I'd remind myself the blood will only define any greatness I'm meant to do. *cue Rocky theme song* And I really couldn't have done it without the amazing people in my life, who have kicked my ass and made sure I didn't slip from my studies. No matter how many times I'd scowl and stomp my foot on the ground, protesting in fervent angst like a prepubescent 14 year old because I wanted to go to some event on a Tuesday night and stay out to 5 AM, I'd be reminded that those parties and events will still be there, however my grades should remain a top priority. Thanks for keeping me in check, it would not have been possible without you.

I'm really looking forward towards this summer and all the magic that it will bring. I'm making it my goal to reject any negativity and just focus on myself and those who matter. So bring it, summer, and buckle up bitch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment