Sunday, March 3, 2013

Fashion Weak

Well, it's abundantly clear that taking 18 credits is the most effective cockblock from fabulosity and blogging. I'm hoping once I get my life together I can write more on here. (PS, is there a TED talk on how to be an adult, I'm not ready to do that in 3 months when I graduate.)

There's no greater feeling of productivity than getting rid of clothing from your bisexual senior year of high school era to make room for clothes that make you look like a genderless spectacle. Ultimately, my style is rooted in high street punk fashion. I find it pivotal to be transforming all the time. When I was a freshman, I had no idea what to major in and I think I even wore a pair of khankis once. Khakis. Now I'm a 21 year old senior who got selected as a top favorite for a Vogue shoot and working on cool events that allow me to push my creative boundaries. It's exciting, yet borderline terrifying.

Here is a design I've been working on making. I'm really hoping to debut it in the spring!

Thanks for illustrating my vision, Elizabeth Goodrich!

I've had this garment incubating in my cerebellum since December. It's sort of this androgynous glam rock bride button down. I always like to keep an element of rock/glamour in any ensemble, so you can probably assume there's going to be a spiked/denim/leather accessory situation going on. I mean, a dude with a mohawk the size of the Crysler Building wearing an obnoxiously long train. C'mon.

Unfortunately, the overwhelming ubiquity of studs and spikes on the floors of Forever 21 and H&M has turned me off towards wearing gratuitous amounts of metal on my clothes. Besides, I went through that phase about a year or two ago and now I'm all about blending avant garde, gender bending pieces that still pay homage to punk.


No pants, Von Trapp knee highs, and long asymmetrical button downs for Spring 2013, anyone?

Besides my lack of blogging, at least I can proudly announce that I'll be presenting a more formal academic version of my piece Born to Be Public at a symposium at the University of Delaware in April!

Also, make sure you save the date if you're in the NYC area! May 16th, The Gerschwin Hotel. Some amazing performances and surprises in store for you on this magical night!


No comments:

Post a Comment